Microsoft Rewards not recognizing my phone number to redeem.

Anonymous
2023-09-17T21:02:04+00:00

The past couple of months I used the Microsoft Rewards service gave me little to no issues, but the past 2 weeks has been giving me a MAJOR issue. I use the service for my monthly redemption of Robux, and it gave me no issues until the "Phone verification" page popped up. It's asking me to receive a code.... but without a prompt to add my number. All the page asked me is that "You don't have a phone number yet." and a link to my Microsoft account info where it shows my details, including my phone number that's associated with my account. I removed and added back my phone number, added different phone numbers from other people, change my email address and its primary alias, but it still gave me the same light blue box to add a phone number. Can I get help to redeem my 16k points?

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,500 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-09-17T21:34:31+00:00

    Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

    I understand the issue you have and it is best handled by Bing Rewards support as they specialize in this issue, you may reach them from the link below:

    Microsoft Rewards Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/supportrequ...

    Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

    Bernard

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T13:32:38+00:00

    What I did and it does work,
    Install Start
    Microsoft Start: News & more - Apps on Google Play
    This application has Bing Reward built into it.
    you will only need to logon using the same account.
    you should see a TAB called Reward and from this you can do your Daily and even Redeem your existing Rewards
    Image

    Ok now 3 months later, I this app is no longer working, and its prompting me to setup a phone and at that point it fails once again. I think they just done want us getting any cash related purchases, i.e. Amazon or Target, because if I chose a Microsoft option, it will just give it to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-09T15:33:16+00:00

    After all the angst I've seen on all these forums; about not being able to add a phone number and all that stuff, I FOUND A SOLUTION TO REDEEMING MICROSOFT REWARDS!!!

    I went back to my Xbox and was snooping around and found an app called "Rewards". Went into that app, redeemed my Microsoft Rewards and applied my $25 Gift card (23,000 points) to the Microsoft Store. Then when I purchased the game I wanted, the $25 gift card showed up on a line above my credit card info, and showed the balance that would hit my credit card after the $25 gift card, and voila!! Wow, a ton of frustration, but the answer is to redeem through that app on Xbox. Worked for me!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-06T17:58:03+00:00

    I am having the same issue for past 3 weeks, I engaged Microsoft Bing Rewards support, and they suggested new phone number, that I tried, and it still failed with Error There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later. what is interesting is I have a phone tied to that account already, but the Rewards Page is not seeing it.

    RCP

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-16T21:06:07+00:00

    I am having the same issue. It's turning out to be not worth it plus the constant signing in even when already signed in on other tabs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments