I just got a replacement surface laptop 3, i was in the 30 day purchase guarantee window. I have been hardwired now most of the time but it has already dropped wifi once, when I wasn't hardwired. The worst part is you HAVE to reboot to get back online.
Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-10-05T22:20:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-10-05T22:12:43+00:00 I was having the same issue. My work laptop never dropped from virtual meetings but my Surface 3 would disconnect 2-3 times per meeting (Zoom/Teams). Most of the time, I had to restart my Surface just to get it to reconnect.
I went through four different tech support people who tried everything to fix the problem, but nothing worked. It's likely a hardware issue so I am in the process of getting a replacement laptop. Fortunately, mine was still under warranty.
-
Anonymous
2020-09-16T17:00:40+00:00 The problem I have seems on any access point
I have tplink TL-R600VPN
doing the main routing and various access points
1- tplink eap 245
2- ubiquity nano station m3
3- several linksys (Cisco) e2500 (configured as an access points with dhcp server off)
and use the laptop on the road a lot.
Lots of devices on the wireless network with no problem (laptops, tablets, phones, printers, other misc devices for home automation, the only device that has the issue is the spanky new surface laptop
-
Anonymous
2020-09-16T16:16:44+00:00 So I 've been working with a Surface Pro 6 and found the following:
1/ The problem for me only shows on a wifi6 compatible router.
2/ If I reboot the router, it seems to fix the issue.
The issue in question is: No Internet i.e. my Surface Pro connects to wifi but it shows a 'no internet' message.
When I connect to an older router (one that supports 802.11ac), I don't seem to see the problem.
Do you have a new wifi6 (802.11ax) router?
-
Anonymous
2020-09-16T14:24:26+00:00 I have no router settings like that, drops connectivity on various wireless networks, remains connected to wifi but can't find the gateway, hit network repair (win 10) then works again for a few days. Frustrating