I just wanted to drop a note for those who have the AMD variant. It currently appears to be resolved for me after updating the WiFi card drivers. I have had been dealing with constant drops at certain locations (possibly WiFi configuration related), but in many cases I had no control over the WiFi at those locations. Microsoft is not releasing updates anywhere near as often as they are for the Intel variant., and an updated driver was not available through their official site for updates for surface. However, I was able to get updated drivers for the Qualcomm WiFi card (in the AMD system) by using Driver Easy. After updating the Qualcomm card drivers (now at ver 12.0.0.1016), I have no longer had the trouble with WiFi dropping.
Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal
I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Network
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-07-10T23:05:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-02-09T01:05:18+00:00 I too was experiencing several drop wifi connections and in recent weeks suspected my router and did a number of f/w updates to no avail. I came across the below link on the Microsoft Support site and after having downloading these drivers for my surface laptop 3 and installing them, the problem seems to have been corrected. I also disabled auto update from the intel driver utility which I suspect is where the problem originated. It is possible that by installing non-approved/tested intel drivers by Microsoft it is what caused the issue. Got my sanity back!
-
Anonymous
2021-01-22T07:18:40+00:00 Hi, I had the same issue, which I have solved with a workaround. I have a dual band modem (2.4 and 5 GHz) but I have noticed that the laptop never connects at 5 GHz. Thus I have changed the name of the 5Ghz band and forced the laptop to connect to either band only. Now the connection is stable on both bands. I believe that the disconnections were due to the inability of the computer to change band automatically.
-
Anonymous
2020-12-30T02:57:13+00:00 When I bought my surface I thought got to be one of the best to buy, how wrong was I, its terrible it drops out multiple times a day, cant find networks, it freezes I have had to re install windows multiple times lost all my data and work, customer services are awful and no help, I have tried absolutley everything, it is so bad I dare not use it for conferencing I use a 14 yrs old HP instead, no way will I but another Microsoft product.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-22T14:06:46+00:00 My connection drops 5 to 10 times a day. I just bought my computer two weeks ago and work online. May have to return after reading this.