Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-30T13:38:42+00:00

    I have done all of those things and I am still getting dropped. It does not happen with my school issued Chromebook so I know it is not my wifi.  

    I teach a college class via zoom now and this is a brand new laptop (only three months old) so I am very discouraged.

    Thank you.

    J

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T13:58:00+00:00

    Give this a try.  It seems to have fixed my problem.  On Intel's website, there is a driver download tool that does a scan of your system and automatically does driver updates.  One of those updates was to update the firmware and card that I believe is the culprit.  I did this about a week ago and the updates seem to have corrected any issues.  ie, I don't open my surface from sleep and then have to manually reconnect and no signal drops since either.

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

    I had a number of updates that Microsoft has yet to push out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T13:50:04+00:00

    Hi Marrion

    I have the same issue on my surface laptop 3. windows 10. keeps dropping internet throughout the day for a few minutes and then comes back. Its not the wifi as this has been checked by the provider both ends with engineer. Other computers and laptops and tablets all working fine including network to TV.

    I have carried out and checked firmware, drivers and updates. regrettably still suffering. Is this a windows issue or surface laptop hardware issue. Laptop was only purchased beginning of April 2020.

    Await some guidance please. 

    Regards

    Rob Tollet

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-08T23:16:09+00:00

    How can you update drivers when wi-fi keeps dropping?! Arg!

    Droppng happens at multiple wifi locations. Meanwhile Samsung phone never looses signal.

    It's not the WiFi signal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T06:32:10+00:00

    Microsoft, get on it! This is happening to my Surface Laptop 3 as well. I don't know if it's just over WiFi 6 or not.

    However, the Surface Pro 6 and 7 have no issues. I'll be trying the Intel driver update tomorrow. Thanks for the tips above!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments