Surface Laptop 3 Keeps Dropping Wi-Fi signal

Anonymous
2020-03-25T00:35:42+00:00

I preordered my surface laptop 3 and ever since I've had it, I noticed that the wifi would stop working at least once an hour for 1-2 minutes. Is anyone else having the same problems?? All of the other devices I use in my house don't have this problem.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Network

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-05T22:29:58+00:00

    Yup! Had mine for 6 months now, I have done 3 driver updates for the wifi network adapter, same result. You can run troubleshoot connection and that will make it start working again without rebooting. It will then work for several hours to several days then it will stop working again. Very frustrating being I paid a premium for a premium device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-13T16:17:15+00:00

    Same here, this is clearly an issue, microsoft has to fix.

    Ever since buying the most expensive build of surface laptop 3 in february we are facing this issue with broken wlan connection multiple times a day, while all other devices and the laptop just beside the surface3 work fine.

    Today it frustrated us again during a distance learning lecture and i was looking again for solution, and i am surprised to find so many people and posts,  all reporting the same issue.

    I had allready installed intel drivers in february(it was different from the one ms offered at that time) and it seemed better, but this clearly DID NOT FIX IT.

    So whether its hardware or software related, this has to be fixed by microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T04:39:38+00:00

    We are returning all of the SF3's we purchased at my workplace, more than just wifi dropping issues, they freeze up. I also have a user with a Surface Book 2 that drops wifi when conferencing. Ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-03T12:15:24+00:00

    New diver was better but still does it, just not as often.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-12T02:30:20+00:00

    Give this a try.  It seems to have fixed my problem.  On Intel's website, there is a driver download tool that does a scan of your system and automatically does driver updates.  One of those updates was to update the firmware and card that I believe is the culprit.  I did this about a week ago and the updates seem to have corrected any issues.  ie, I don't open my surface from sleep and then have to manually reconnect and no signal drops since either.

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

    I had a number of updates that Microsoft has yet to push out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments