What Wi-Fi router brand and model are you connected to on a 5Ghz channel when this occurs? Do you always get disconnected from Wi-Fi, or does Windows still report you are Connected to Wi-Fi but you can't communicate with anything (webpage, ping, etc)?
Hi @Tod
To answer all of your questions;
- Wifi Brand and Model for me: Hitron CGNM-2250
- I have tried connecting on both the 2.4G or 5G channel same continuous disconnection.
- It's a clear disconnect from Wi-Fi and windows report disconnected.
To share my thoughts on this;
The WiFi router can not be the problem, and here's why I believe so. Let's assume the fault is from the WiFi router, so long as it was able to work well enough with my previous computer and my current devices(laptops and smartphones), it should also be able to work with my surface book 3.
So I will say it's either the WiFi hardware or the driver that will be the cause. I am almost tempted to say the people who may not have observed this problem are people who use the docking station (which simply means they may be using wired connection and not wireless.
I am at the point of returning this laptop back to Microsoft, as I can't be in conference meeting on the go and my WiFi keeps disconnecting. Using a docking station with wired Ethernet connection changes it from a Laptop to a Desktop.