AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-04-02T12:10:57+00:00

    These pop ups have been getting worse and more frequent. As I was looking this up and reading these posts, it was almost constant. I thought I kept this pretty clean. I just tried the cleaning of the connectors with the lint free cloth and eye-glass cleaner (which has isopropyl alcohol) and so far so good - not one "autorate on" pop up.

    Thank you very much!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-03T14:55:47+00:00

    I think disabling Fast Startup in the power settings, and possibly changing your power settings to something other than Hibernate (or Sleep?), will resolve this issue, at least until MS issues a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-03T08:01:22+00:00

    Updates didn't help. I think I'll return the dock today ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T21:41:57+00:00

    Another workaround seems to be to disable Fast Startup in the power button settings.

    Also, the 3/1/16 Windows updates are said to address, among other things, these items:

    "Windows Update installation, startup . . . resuming from hibernation, shutdown, kernel, Start menu, storage, Windows Hello, display modes".

    Hopefully, some of the outstanding annoyances with the SB are resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T00:17:15+00:00

    My Surface Book started to send intermittent notices of "Attached" and "Auto Rotate on".

    Any way I can fix this on my own?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments