AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-07T07:58:03+00:00

    In reply toBBold75's post - and the use of Hibernation to cure the AutoRotate problem I am confused! On Dec. 2nd BBold75 posted "Yep its happening to me" but now says "From day one of purchasing, after setup, I immediately set it to 'Hibernate' "!!

    I am nervous about playing with Hibernate: Hibernate is not available in my Control Panel (SB i7, 512) and does not seem to be standard option in Win 10 for Surface Book ( - see article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3122682.  which I have asked to be updated as the "resolution" instructions don't seem to work) ! I have used  powercfg command but ONLY to reduce the hibfile size. I have decided I will live with the irritant random Autorotate window and await a fix as it does me no harm. Frankly I am not that technical and do not fancy playing around with powercfg hibernation options because I think I read somewhere that the newer technology 'fast start' option (built into SB) replaced OR interacts with it - so I don't want to screw up the newer technology.

    Where can I find more info on Hibernate use on Surface Book??? Please!

    Hello Pete,

    Try this.....

    Click on......settings / system / power and sleep.....

    Try the same settings as in the picture below.

    Then click on 'Additional power settings'......

    Click on 'Choose what the power buttons do'.......

    Then apply the same settings as below.......

    Finally click on 'Save changes' before closing this window.

    This will set your SB to Hibernate.

    Hope it helps!.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-07T05:38:11+00:00

    In reply toBBold75's post - and the use of Hibernation to cure the AutoRotate problem I am confused! On Dec. 2nd BBold75 posted "Yep its happening to me" but now says "From day one of purchasing, after setup, I immediately set it to 'Hibernate' "!!

    I am nervous about playing with Hibernate: Hibernate is not available in my Control Panel (SB i7, 512) and does not seem to be standard option in Win 10 for Surface Book ( - see article https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3122682.  which I have asked to be updated as the "resolution" instructions don't seem to work) ! I have used  powercfg command but ONLY to reduce the hibfile size. I have decided I will live with the irritant random Autorotate window and await a fix as it does me no harm. Frankly I am not that technical and do not fancy playing around with powercfg hibernation options because I think I read somewhere that the newer technology 'fast start' option (built into SB) replaced OR interacts with it - so I don't want to screw up the newer technology.

    Where can I find more info on Hibernate use on Surface Book??? Please!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T07:18:15+00:00

    I have a question, please (reason is given below): is the problem confined to Surface Book or does it happen with Surface Pro?

    Yes - I have the problem on my SB (512 with Nvidia); all fixes applied; and confirm it appears RANDOMLY but more frequently after power on or return from sleep! Have only detached the screen twice (in November out of curiosity at the time of receipt). Have read and tried most suggestions in various threads without any apparent change.

    Like most I have got used to living with it but I have a peculiar problem which keeps me interested. I am in the UK and managed to get a SB in November but as it is not available here yet I have no support and so I don't want to return the SB (which will be complicated) until it can be confirmed it is a hardware problem with a physical fix. Hence my question about the problem being on Surface Pro. Any input/advice would be welcome.

    thanks pete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T06:50:17+00:00

    Tellson..

    Then why am I? I've done nothing differently than you guys have. Just unlucky?

    One thing that irks me.. is the randomness of the issues and that not everybody experiences the same issues when using same hardware or similar results. Something is definitely WONKY and not right. My MBP never had this kind of wonkiness.

    If the issues aren't addressed soon, and for GOOD, I am selling this and getting a new MacBook when they come out in March. I'm getting peeved at the unreliability, as much as I love this SB, it is irking me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-02-06T06:46:14+00:00

    Hey Gary, Yes, I had it at first, then it went away with an update, and then started happening again with this latest firmware update! argh..

    I have the 256 gb/i5/8gb ram model, same model I purchased originally,  on my first SB still

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments