AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...

Anonymous
2015-11-14T15:49:04+00:00

I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-02T17:14:54+00:00

    Yep, happening to me, too. "Autorotate on" appears constantly. I'm like "yep. thanks" and keep working lol.. Is the fix truly to wipe the monster lock with alcohol, does that truly work or is it more hot air from support team?

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-19T20:41:09+00:00

    I'm seeing this too. Even when driving external monitors. Seems like there may still be a lingering bug with the tablet mode / regular mode switch detection making the device think it's no longer connected to the keyboard base, and hence re-enabling the auto-rotate mode (which displays its notification in the upper left).

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-17T00:30:37+00:00

    I am having the same thing but it only happens up to 3 times when I either power on my Surface Book or wake it from Hibernation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-20T22:20:30+00:00

    I get the same issue on my Surface Book and it's rather annoying.

    It's a hardware issue with the latch system (I'm sure along with the software detection) where the computer assumes you've detached the tablet from the keyboard therefore displaying "Autorotate On".

    You can see this in action if you enable automatic switching from desktop to tablet mode. You'll see that whenever the "Autorotate On" icon pops up the UI switches to tablet mode.

    To try what I've tested go to:

    1.   "Settings" 

    2.   "System"

    3.   "Tablet Mode"

    4.   When this device automatically switches tablet mode on or off → "Don't ask me and always switch"

    Microsoft needs to fix this ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:11:02+00:00

    I have this incredibly annoying problem also. 

    I am constantly being asked if I want to switch to tablet/confluence mode and the "screen rotation" notice pops up....  

    Glad, at least, to see I am not alone with this problem..

    Microsoft- please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments