This started happening to my Surface Book today. I got the 10/28/16 firmware updates on 10/29/16. Everything seemed fine. Then this morning it started constantly reporting Autorotate On, then Attached. Then Autorotate On, then Attached. It does this 2 or 3 times, then seems to settle down. Then suddenly it starts again. It has done this randomly all day. I have tried everything. I tried running the Sensor Troubleshooter and it crashes repeatedly. Definitely something very wrong here.
AUTOROTATE ON - Randomly pops up...
I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-11-02T21:35:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-01-05T21:56:32+00:00 I'm seeing this issue too. The screen is attached to the keyboard, the laptop is just sitting there and a "auto rotate" notification keeps appearing every 30 to 90 seconds.
It's not preventing anything but it is extremely annoying.
-
Anonymous
2015-11-29T02:59:26+00:00 I am sure it is another display driver bug with, but please fix it. Whether it is Edge or the display driver, please fix it.
Yes, an annoying "feature" that apparently came with the last update.
At least I never saw it before the last update.
-
Anonymous
2015-12-28T02:13:43+00:00 Am also seeing this on my Surface Book i7.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-05T21:56:36+00:00 I'm now on my 4th Surface Book. All 4 have done this.
I hope this bug is on the Surface Firmware team's TODO list too as it prevents me from enabling the auto-switch to tablet mode option. If you turn that option on, instead of just the "Auto Rotate On" message, the computer randomly switches into and out of tablet mode all the time.
Super annoying as the auto-tablet mode switch (supposed to only be triggered when you detach or reattach the screen) is one of the biggest selling points of Windows 10 and the Surface line.