Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-30T10:43:01+00:00

    Read the flickering and ghosting problems occur across Surface models. My SP4 screen starts to flicker and ghost when its get hot.  Turning off Hyper-V has not helped. Turning off and on HID Touch may help but you lose the touch screen interface. This has to be hardware design problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-29T03:17:41+00:00

    Hi,

    Screen flickering on Surface is commonly associated with hardware failure, however, incompatible app and display driver can also be the cause of this behavior.

    To identify what could be causing the issue, you may try to boot your Surface device to the UEFI environment and observe if the screen will still flickers. If yes, then the flickering is likely caused by a hardware problem.

    To learn more about how to get to the UEFI settings, please carefully review and follow this support article: Using Surface UEFI on Surface Laptop, new Surface Pro, Surface Studio, Surface Book, and Surface Pro 4.

    We're here for you in case you need additional help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-28T15:29:00+00:00

    I too have a 2017 surface pro, the 16GB i7 flavor to be specific. I have only had this for a month now and the flickering issue just started. Both when charging and when not. I would describe it as a side to side quick jitter type flicker that only lasts 2-3 seconds and then goes away. I notice it happens when I have a window open over another window. Like when chatting in Teams while a browser page is in the background. Also of interest I am usually typing when I notice it. I have watched Netflix, Youtube, and even run Illustrator and Photoshop quite often and haven't seen it happen when using those. Which is surprising as I would assume this would be an issue related to load. I have tried the Diagnostic tool - yet nothing was detected, and I am still seeing it. REALLY hoping this is a bug as opposed to hardware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-15T20:49:17+00:00

    Thank you for updating us. We meant to ask if the flickering starts immediately or does it happen after using it for several hours. If the flickering only happens when you're watching a video and an alert occurs, then we could be dealing with a problem that is caused by a software conflict. We recommend that you try to do a clean boot and try to reproduce the problem by watching a video and waiting for an alert.

    Let us know how it goes.

    Best wishes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T21:24:06+00:00

    Same as OP, Surface Pro 2017 i5 8gb. It happens when I am watching video and get alerts, like that I have a new email. I just got it new this week - is that what you meant by how long?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments