Surface Pro 2017 screen flickering

Anonymous
2017-09-20T07:28:20+00:00

My surface pro 2017 i5 8gb ram screen flickers from time to time. The flickering become more intense while gaming. Wondering if any of you has the same issue or my device is faulty.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T15:39:03+00:00

    Hello Lana,

    Which Surface device do you have? Also, do you notice how long before the device's screen starts to flicker or is it present from the moment you started using the device?

    We'll look forward to your reply.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-13T15:29:50+00:00

    I just got mine out of the box and was watching Netflix. An email came in and boom, same deal. I've also had an issue with the sound and audio playing at the same time while watching vid on youtube.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-16T04:38:29+00:00

    Looks like I've got screen flickering on my Surface Pro 4 after installing KB4074588 on Windows 10 1709 (FCU).

    I have external monitors - they are not affected. Interestingly, while hovering mouse over Surface screen flickering stops.

    Update KB4074588 cannot be uninstalled, so I'm kind of stuck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T04:14:50+00:00

    Thank you for your information. Wow, new surface pro 4 has the same problem!

    For the old surface pro 4, LCD screen has to be changed but the flicker will happen again around one year.

    I checked the new surface pro 4 video, it has different heat dissipation design, different from the old one. So it is supposed to be better.

    If not, I think it has design bug. The LCD connectors are located on the both side of the center of surface. Copper heat sink underneath the LCD. There are two long FPC cable connect to the LCD. Maybe this is the problem, I have no idea why they design in this way. Microsoft is a software company, they are innovative but they don’t have much experience in hardware. Now, thousands of surface pro customers have the screen flicker problem, I am one of them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T03:20:14+00:00

    Yea it is

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments