I have had issues updating dock and spent part of the day on it until calling Microsoft tonight and talked to business support. I have two Surface docks hooked up to 2 Apple Cinema displays with MS keyboard and mice setup with a Book 2. Just a week ago I lost the microphone on the Cinema display but the dock and playback worked fine. I downloaded the newest dock updater it got stuck at 33% and then just said connect the dock period. I went through a bunch of ideas with the brightness controller download (Nope) and the powering off soft reset firmware update on the Surface Book 2 (nope, nope nope) and then I talked to the tech and he told me to try the dock updater but this time with the book screen detached from the keyboard and to attach the dock to the bottom of the screen aloneand after several tries it went through and updated and also the Cinema display microphone came back in Windows and now the microphone / programs work. Miracle! Other option was to take the dock to the Microsoft store and have them update it. So try that and see if it helps.
Surface Dock Firmware Updater won't install - Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll
Hi
I'm trying to install a firmware update for the Surface Dock I am using connected to my (first generation) Surface Book.
Primarily I'm trying to do this so I can charge my iPhone from the Surface Dock without having the connection repeatedly connect and drop.
I am running Windows 10 (Creator's edition, up to date as of 2nd Feb 2018) and trying to install:
Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi
During the installation process I get the following message.
Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll. Aborting installation.
Any ideas?
Regards
Jonathan
Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-11-13T03:42:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-12T15:56:39+00:00 I was also running into this problem on my Surface Book (1st gen). The solution is to run the installer as system, for example from a command prompt (you can follow this guide).
Now what is unclear to me is how my Surface Book Base would get the firmware update needed to enable the new/enhanced functions of the Surface Dock.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-14T00:18:36+00:00 Yep. Same problem.
-
Anonymous
2018-02-12T18:57:47+00:00 Are you also getting the same error when you try to download Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi?
-
Anonymous
2018-02-12T13:24:21+00:00 I am also having this problem. I have already checked that I am current with Windows Updates, and I have tried downloading the file 3 times.