I have done the suggestions and they don't work
Surface Dock Firmware Updater won't install - Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll
Hi
I'm trying to install a firmware update for the Surface Dock I am using connected to my (first generation) Surface Book.
Primarily I'm trying to do this so I can charge my iPhone from the Surface Dock without having the connection repeatedly connect and drop.
I am running Windows 10 (Creator's edition, up to date as of 2nd Feb 2018) and trying to install:
Surface_Dock_Updater_v2.12.136.0.msi
During the installation process I get the following message.
Failed to install SurfaceBaseFwUpdateDriver.dll. Aborting installation.
Any ideas?
Regards
Jonathan
Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2018-03-28T14:23:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-03-28T10:38:01+00:00 Hi stsmith70,
Your issue may be similar to the other posts on this thread. I suggest you go through the previous suggestions to work on this.
Let me know if you need more help.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-27T22:50:20+00:00 I am having the same problem on first gen SurfaceBook
-
Anonymous
2018-03-05T11:50:21+00:00 Hi Claus,
If you have issues with an external display connected to Surface Dock, try to clear the display cache.
- Undock your Surface from the Surface Dock.
- Download the Surface Dock registry file. Choose to Open the file.
- Select and run surface dock registry.reg.
- Select Yes to allow changes to your Surface, select Yes to confirm, and then select OK to close.
- Restart your Surface, reconnect it to the Surface Dock, and try your external display again.
Reset the dock and monitor
- Remove the Surface Connector from your Surface, turn the connector over, and plug it in again. Make sure that the connection is secure and the indicator light is on.
- If you’re still having problems, try resetting the power by unplugging your Surface Dock from the power outlet and plugging it in again.
- Try unplugging your monitor from the power outlet and plugging it back in.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
-
Anonymous
2018-03-05T08:25:58+00:00 I have the exact same problem and symptoms. I have restarted, redownloaded etc. while being connected to the dock.
Dock: Model 1661
Surface Pro, Win10Pro, V. 1803, OS Build 17112.1
The error message has been persistent over a number of Microsoft Insiders build releases, and I have never had a succesful attempt on updating the docking station. I am try to fix a monitor issue.
Secondary to this; anyway you can see the FW version of the dock?
Best
Claus