Anyone having issues powering on their Surface Book 2?

Anonymous
2018-01-31T22:27:25+00:00

I am having issues the past couple weeks powering on my Surface Book 2 via the power button. It does not respond unless I eject the tablet half from the base and then press the power button. No setting or software changes except the Surface firmware update for Meltdown/Spectre a couple weeks ago. I'd say 1 out of every 5 attempts of me powering on results in a hard reboot and losing everything I had open. This is extremely frustrating! PS. I typically hibernate my PC. Would be great to hear from others that have applied the latest firmware and hibernate, if possible.

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-24T17:07:23+00:00

    i have been having the exact same issue for the last week.  machine worked perfectly since i bought it and now i have to detach to turn on.  very frustrating.  even more frustrating is reading these threads that nothing works to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-21T23:30:46+00:00

    Good luck, my third machine is starting to do the same as the other two. I should have taken hytek’s advice to sell it. 

    My second device I spent 3 hours with tech support running firmware update, system restore and multiple surface device test/reset (same exact process I went through as my first device) with no solution and was told to take it to a MS store to get repaired. 

    At the MS store I showed the tech the issue he was lost for words. After 1 hour of doing same thing I did woth tech support he gave up and just gave me a new machine. I told the tech and the store manager I don’t even want a new machine I just want that one to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T12:39:21+00:00

    I'm on my second Surface Book 2 and after 3 months of using it I'm having the same issue with the new one. This new one is even worse now, at times it will display screen is detach and displaying it's not being charge when the power cable is connected. My first Surface Book when I took it into the store they didn't even look at it, I just told them the issue and they just gave me a new device. Come on Microsoft fix the issue!!!!!!

    Just in case you think it's a user issue Microsoft, I do tech support for a living. I deal with your issues everyday at work and now I have to come home and deal with it also. What a joke!!!!!!

    Allen

    i would consider selling your replacement and getting non-MS hardware... they don't give a crap about fixing issues and their hardware stinks... i am waiting for the new intel chips with the hardware meltdown/spectre fixes to start rolling out in q2 and will likely be getting a lenovo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T04:21:04+00:00

    I'm on my second Surface Book 2 and after 3 months of using it I'm having the same issue with the new one. This new one is even worse now, at times it will display screen is detach and displaying it's not being charge when the power cable is connected. My first Surface Book when I took it into the store they didn't even look at it, I just told them the issue and they just gave me a new device. Come on Microsoft fix the issue!!!!!!

    Just in case you think it's a user issue Microsoft, I do tech support for a living. I deal with your issues everyday at work and now I have to come home and deal with it also. What a joke!!!!!!

    Allen

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-06T17:53:37+00:00

    Since none of the steps provided in this thread worked. We recommend that you talk to our Support team for further assistance.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments