Docking station 4 - external screen does not wake up after falling in sleep mode

Anonymous
2016-02-22T03:09:28+00:00

I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.

After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.

But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.

Any ideas?

Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-20T07:48:03+00:00

    Hi,

    the Microsoft Surface Dock Updater is completely disfunctional. It does not detect when the dock is connected to my surface pro 3.

    I have constantly trouble with this device (power management, dock, crashes, etc) and it costs massive hours for our organization and from my spare time. Last Surface ever.

    R

    Michael

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T02:25:19+00:00

    For the record, this is an ongoing issue for me as well.

    All the obvious checks (Windows updates, firmware updates, Dock updates) have been completed repeatedly (even obsessively) over the past several months in the hopes that an update would fix the issue.  Nothing has changed.  Yes, I even check for Surface Dock firmware updates regularly via the Surface Dock Updater. 

    Surface Pro 4 i5/256gB, purchased directly from the Microsoft Store in Boston.

    Also for the record, I've tried using the "Answer Desk" multiple times for other issues - every single time this has proven to be a complete waste of time.  Not only was the answer desk of no technical help, and not only did they seem to not understand the basics of the machine (which is a Microsoft device, so you'd think they'd know it), but every time they stated that they would follow up with me via email.  They were very explicit in this point, stating that they would get back to me one way or the other.  I have never received a single reply from them, neither by email nor phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-17T00:19:22+00:00

    Hi Rizza,

    I purchased my surface and dock in Feb 2016 via Amazon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T23:48:37+00:00

    Just spent an hour on the phone with them.  Probably the least helpful thing...all they will offer to do is replace the dock (even though I now own 3 docks all purchased in the last 2 months that all exhibit the same behavior) followed by my surface (though I explained to her that both of my surfaces do this, as do my coworkers at my office).

    They are also big on making sure your surface software is up to date, despite the fact the monitor cycles inputs and freezes when the dock is not connected to the surface.  She even had my reset my display registry items assuming it was some monitor configuration causing the issue.

    I really just want someone at Microsoft to start looking at the dock specific technical reasons for this and potential resolutions.  It's SO easy to reproduce the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T22:47:49+00:00

    Hello Denis,

    When and where did you purchased your Surface Pro 4?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments