Docking station 4 - external screen does not wake up after falling in sleep mode

Anonymous
2016-02-22T03:09:28+00:00

I am connecting my Surface Pro 3 on the new docking station (for Surface Pro 3 and 4). And all this is connected to a DELL external monitor.

After some time the Surface Pro 3 falls into sleep mode and if I wait not too long I can wake it up using my Bluetooth mouse; which activates the docking station and the external screen.

But if I wait for too long my mouse cannot wake up my external screen (mouse wakes up Surface Pro 3 for sure and docking is always up) and I need to disconnect my docking station from Surface and reconnect it; then my display is activated again.

Any ideas?

Surface | Accessories | Surface Dock

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-16T22:46:16+00:00

    Since you already have your Surface updated, contact Answer Desk to further assist you about the issue. Check this link.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-15T00:08:58+00:00

    Hi Rizza,

    I am using a Surface Pro 4.  All updates are installed and the latest firmware is installed on the surface dock.  

    For me this problem went away months ago and then reappeared a couple weeks ago.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T22:42:33+00:00

    Surface pro 3, and 2 Surface Pro 4's both exhibit the same behavior when connected to the surface dock.

    Surfaces are fully updated.  I used the surface update utility to update the dock.

    Please read my previous post on this same thread for indepth description on problem.

    Very clearly a dock problem that everyone has.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T22:19:58+00:00

    Hello,

    What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you check if all updates were successfully installed? Which Surface device are you using?

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-14T16:47:58+00:00

    Mine even freezes simply being connected to the surface dock.  If I disconnect my surface from the dock, the monitor starts cycling inputs and eventually freezes (until I pull the plug).  Ofcourse, manually sleeping the monitor is a fix for this.

    Similar to another poster, I just set my monitors to never sleep if connected to the computer, and I be sure to manually sleep when disconnecting the computer.  

    Not a fix, but saves me from pulling the plug on the monitor multiple times a day.

    I just wished Microsoft would acknowledge the issue and fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments