HOW DO I REDEEM THE FREE CLOUD STORAGE (SKYDRIVE) FOR SURFACE PRO 2

Anonymous
2013-10-23T20:09:39+00:00

Is anyone else having problems redeeming the codes for the purchase of the surface Pro 2?  I can't find the Magical place to redeem the codes.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Surface | Surface Pro | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-05T18:46:03+00:00

I considered that. I guess i'll have to actually read through some terms and conditions!

Seems odd though.. I am sure there are more than just my parents that will share a device and use their skydrive primarily for family pictures and videos. Makes sense to me that they should be able both use it equally depending on who is logged in.

Temporary workaround. If anyone else comes across this issue while on a secondary user account. you can simply use file explorer to navigate to the location Skydrive is installed on your primary user. Default=C:\Users\David(or whatever your primary user account name is)\SkyDrive. Then right click favorites, add to favorite and voila. At least full access through file explorer. Also make sure you have administrative rights on your other accounts or you will not be able to access other users.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-10T18:36:15+00:00

Hello Pnrcomps(1)")

Sorry to hear that.  In addition to reaching out to the Onedrive folk, you can try contacting Surface Assisted Support.  They may have information for you.

Best regards

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-02-09T18:18:04+00:00

Hello all

Be aware that this was a limited time offer with purchase, which has expired.  If you still have questions in regards to this offer, please reach out to Onedrive Support.

Best regards

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-12-22T00:43:40+00:00

In the box, next to the small user manual

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-02T21:59:18+00:00

if u have 7 gb of skydrive storage now and then get the 200 gb of skydrive storage you'll end up with 207 gb of storage after u redeeem your promo of 200 free.  after 2 yrs, it will go back down to 7 gb.

bumper.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-31T21:32:33+00:00

    Original title: Surface Pro 2, 200GB shows as 7GB

    How do I get SkyDrive to correct show the 200GB of storage I have because I purchased a Surface Pro 2? All of my devices, including the Surface Pro 1 now show my account as only having 7GB,, and that I'm over my limit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments