Surface Book 2 won't wake up from sleep. Only by detaching the screen I can wake up.

Anonymous
2018-04-06T07:18:10+00:00

Hello,

My SB2 doesn't wake up from sleep. The only way I can wake it up is by first detaching the screen, then I can press the power button and it will wake up. This takes me about 15secs, which is way too slow for a $2000+ computer.

I have read the 3-step solution Microsoft posted for this problem, and it doesn't help. The hotkeys do not respond (Control+windows+shift+B or 3 taps on up+down volume buttons), the battery is fully charged and I am not going to restart the tablet every single time the computer goes into sleep mode.

What is the solution? Everything else works fine with the surface, I don't want to send back/exchange the surface just for this problem... it seems like some software fix should be enough!

Thanks,

Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-04-24T13:40:01+00:00

    Oh man you are a lifesaver! This fix worked for me too.

    So it was the hibernation that wasn't working after all. I guess I won't be using that mode anymore until Microsoft fixes the problem... but I wonder how much extra energy is wasted in the sleep mode in comparison to hibernation...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-04-21T01:17:48+00:00

    Thanks!! This fix worked for me. 

    It appears Microsoft is unaware of this issue.. or doesn't know this is the cause.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-04-19T02:40:13+00:00

    Ok, i will give it a shot. I know that mine wouwo happen in a shorter time than that, but I dont know after what time it would hibernate either.  Will let you know.  I use it plugged into anmonitor most of the time now adays.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-04-18T14:20:31+00:00

    Other than eBay :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-04-18T13:37:10+00:00

    Yeah, I read about sleep issues with other surface devices, but couldn't find threads about the surface book 2. Glad to see I'm not the only one... hopefully it will push Microsoft to find a fix.

    Let me know if detaching the screen works for you, just curious.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments