Add me to the list of "tablet mode" problem users. Mine switches randomly many times each day. I've changed the setting to "ask before switching" just to be aware of it. In fact it just asked me while I was typing this. No other programs running or opened.
Do you want to switch to tablet mode?
Windows Update updated my SB today. There was one Windows security update, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and a Flash update for IE.
Today, I have started receiving unsolicited Notifications asking me if I want to switch to tablet mode? These have come at random times while using the SB with the display attached to the keyboard. At no time in the last week have I disconnected the display from the keyboard.
Why have these inappropriate Notifications started? How can I end them?
Surface | Surface Book | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
45 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-02-09T22:38:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-04T16:40:53+00:00 so I have all the latest 1511 updates and firmware, and this continues to be an issue. quite disappointing
-
Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator2016-01-30T15:52:12+00:00 I agree. I can't "fix" these things - I wish I COULD.
>>While this stops the tablet mode bounce, this is just a work around.
>>It's NOT a fix as it means I don't get to use my EXPENSIVE device designed and built by Microsoft for Windows 10 as intended
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Barb
Windows Experience MVP
My Blog - http://digitalmediaphile.com/
Please mark as answered if this answers your question
-
Anonymous
2016-01-30T15:29:03+00:00 go to the Settings App, System Tablet Mode and change to don't ask and don't switch.
While this stops the tablet mode bounce, this is just a work around.
It's NOT a fix as it means I don't get to use my EXPENSIVE device designed and built by Microsoft for Windows 10 as intended (seamless transition into and out of tablet mode triggered by the hardware as it changes context). It also still constantly displays the "auto rotate on" message every time the device falsely triggers the tablet mode event.
As the keyboard and mouse usually still work the entire time, it's especially frustrating to see this is still a bug as OBVIOUSLY the device knows it's still got a keyboard attached, even after the Jan firmware update. That's like 1 line of code...
if (keyboardAttached) { no, idiot, don't trigger tablet mode }
-
Anonymous
2016-01-30T15:20:48+00:00 Just a reminder. For all of those who are getting this issue, have you detached and reattached the tablet screen from the base at least once?
That was suggested in an early post on this thread and it worked for me.
For me, this triggers it to happen even more often.