I will try it. Thanks!
Scanners that work with Microsoft ARM processer
I bought a Microsoft Surface Laptop last week. Got everything set up and then realized my ScanSnap scanner was not working with the new laptop. I called them and they said none of their scanners work with the ARM Processer in my laptop. Does anyone know what brand of scanners DO work with the ARM processer??? This is a HUGE problem for me. I am almost paperless and scan things all the time.
Surface | Surface Laptop | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-03-06T22:21:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-03-04T22:00:39+00:00 Could you give a bit more detail on the process? You downloaded the scansnap software, then connected via wifi and it just worked?
-
Anonymous
2025-03-01T19:18:02+00:00 I see the problem and It is largley due to fujitsu/riccoh being greedy and lazy in not getting a driver to work with the win arm64. Shameful behaviour on their part. I know microsoft probably has some to do with the problem/solution. They both SUCK
-
Anonymous
2025-02-28T16:56:42+00:00 I was able to connect to the ScanSnap scanner ix1600 to a surface laptop snapdragon elite - installed the software but had to connect to the scanner via scanner's (access point) internal wifi connection.
And it just worked -
-
Anonymous
2025-02-27T23:57:12+00:00 Dear Tien Lee, thank you so much for your helpful comment. I followed your instruction: everything's working fine.