How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050

Anonymous
2019-06-19T00:59:41+00:00

When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140

1.    The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.

    URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html

So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.

Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)

I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".

Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?

Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-10-22T22:27:33+00:00

    Is that now possible, after the latest fixes and Firmware-updates, the nvidia drivers now to install independently?

    If yes, is there an official statement, and which driver should you choose ( dch or standart.....game ready or studio ...... etc. )

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-10-22T13:13:57+00:00

    I had a similar problem with my new 15" SB2 with GTX1060 and Adobe Premier Pro, Rush and Lightroom unable to run due to compatibility problems with the Windows installed driver.

    I ended up installing Nvidia's GeForce Experience software which then allowed me to update to the NVIDIA Studio Driver version 431.86 (released 09/04/2019).

    This has got rid of my error messages and seems to have resolved my problems with the Adobe software.

    So far no disconnection or throttling issues on windows version 1903. Everything works fine and i am using my sb2 15 to play game. I think microsoft has addressed the disconnection and throttling issues via the recent firmware updates before lifting the blockage on updating v1903 by sb2

    MS still needs to release an updated graphics driver... to patch security issues... and resolve other bugs...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-10-21T23:00:52+00:00

    I had a similar problem with my new 15" SB2 with GTX1060 and Adobe Premier Pro, Rush and Lightroom unable to run due to compatibility problems with the Windows installed driver.

    I ended up installing Nvidia's GeForce Experience software which then allowed me to update to the NVIDIA Studio Driver version 431.86 (released 09/04/2019).

    This has got rid of my error messages and seems to have resolved my problems with the Adobe software.

    So far no disconnection or throttling issues on windows version 1903. Everything works fine and i am using my sb2 15 to play game. I think microsoft has addressed the disconnection and throttling issues via the recent firmware updates before lifting the blockage on updating v1903 by sb2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-10-20T07:21:36+00:00

    Just an update on installation of nvidia driver version 436.48 on surface book 2 15" with gtx1060. 

    I used the display driver uninstaller to uninstall nvidia version 390.41 and Managed to install the driver without any problem after patching my windows 10 book to version 1903. 

    So perhaps you can try to update your nvidia driver and try adobe products again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-10-10T15:23:44+00:00

    not only is there the gpu disconnect/throttle/black screen/black box/bsod issues going on, the drivers are so stale, i doubt they are patched for the critical security issues found in many nvidia products.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments