get the sb2 updated with latest firmware & windows 10 1903. then download then DDU (display driver uninstaller). disconnect internet / wifi ( or else windows will b trying to download old drivers after reboot from. safe mode) use ddu to uninstall the old nvidia driver via safe mode, reboot, and install the newer nvidia driver. i got my sb2 updated till v447.75 (not studio driver). v447.85 showed the same error when i was at the older 1803
How can I update my Surface Book 2 drivers for NVIDIA Geforce GTX1050
When I start Adobe Premiere Pro I get this message :
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 v.23.21.13.9140
1. The current version of your NVIDIA graphics driver may not suitably support CUDA 9.2 and may cause issues for Adobe Premiere Pro. We recommend updating to a newer version for optimal performance and stability. Continuing with an older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver may run in software-only mode and may cause slow playback and other issues that may appear to be a bug.
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/premiere-pro/kb/gpu-and-gpu-driver-requirements-for-premiere-pro.html
So I tried to install the latest version of the drivers from NVIDIA but it seems that it can be done only through windows update.
Therefore I cannot use Adobe Premiere Pro because video is not rendered (only one frame some time...)
I have some friends having Dell and the drivers updates are more "up to date".
Will Microsoft soon give us a proper update for this driver ?
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-04-23T13:10:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-04-23T11:28:57+00:00 Hi
Just ordered in an SB2 15" with NVIDIA card to provide our Comms Teams with a suitable mobile machine for light Adobe Premiere Pro work (CC subscription) and like many others I have built it (Windows 10 1803 - corporate SOE) only to come across that lovely incompatible driver issue.
I am going to try and install the latest driver from NVIDIA's website (442.92) to see it it helps resolve this issue.
Also just wondering if there has been any more developments regarding this issue?
Cheers
my advice: return it, get a refund, buy something non-MS, never look back.
I have to agree, even though I got my problem fixed. If this is not an option, go with the studio drivers and the control panel from MS store, it works just fine, but on heavy use might drain your battery even with charger plugged in.
There are rumors about Surface Book 3, which I personally would have purchased if MS handled SB1 and SB2 issues well, because I love the form factor, but they totally dropped the ball and just abandoned these products. So why spend another $4000 to get same level of service?
I would look at Razer Blade Studio edition laptops with RTX quadro cards for the same price range, but significantly better performance. Buying SB2 in 2020 is just buying an outdated and abandoned device.
My SB2 has been practically unusable for most of its life (and I've been through four replacements every single one with the same exact issues). I got it in November 2017 when it was launched. It worked OK for maybe a month (still had some bugs) but then become unusable. My theory is most of the issues were introduced through firmware/software updates, mostly around the Spectre/Meltdown flaw. Throttling is one of the big issues: I can't even check my emails / web surf without it overheating/throttling. A $500 Dell performs much better than this almost $3k paper weight. My opinion: SB1 was defective/buggy, SB2 is defective/buggy, SB3 will likely be defective/buggy.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-23T13:17:45+00:00 Just an update to my previous post. Nvidia just released version 440.97 and successfully installed the v440.97 on my sb2 15" without any error.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-23T05:57:36+00:00 Well,
As far as my surface book 2 15" is concerned, its already running the nvidia version 436.48 for few days now without error. I am playing diablo 3 with it too.
-
Anonymous
2019-10-20T14:22:29+00:00 I had a similar problem with my new 15" SB2 with GTX1060 and Adobe Premier Pro, Rush and Lightroom unable to run due to compatibility problems with the Windows installed driver.
I ended up installing Nvidia's GeForce Experience software which then allowed me to update to the NVIDIA Studio Driver version 431.86 (released 09/04/2019).
This has got rid of my error messages and seems to have resolved my problems with the Adobe software.