Camera Problems

Anonymous
2021-01-01T06:31:53+00:00

I am running W10 on a Surface Pro (5th Gen). My Camera's driver is an Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 (30.15063.6.8611 - 12/3/2018) and Device Status: This device is working properly. My problem is my Microsoft Cameras, Front, IR Front and Rear (30.15063.6.8611

  • 12/3/2018), all saying: This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. When trying to load my camera I get the error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> ~ I've researched online, went thru the tutorials, uninstalled/reinstalled...and still get the same results: error code: 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>...suggestions?
Surface | Surface Pro | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-17T08:48:35+00:00

    I had this exact issue, and tried everything suggested in this community including a complete wipe and re-install on my Suface Pro 6.  Days of effort to no avail

    The solution was found in another thread that I've lost, but I did copy the solution.  Can confirm that it worked 100% and all three cameras are now back operational

    I will paste the solution here below.  Sincere apologies I can't recall who the original poster of the solution was:

    The May 2019 update introduced version 30.15063.6.8611 and the update history in the link you pointed out shows that seven drivers are actually involved in the operation of the three cameras, as follows:

    Camera

    Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500

    System devices

    Microsoft Camera Front

    Microsoft IR Camera Front

    Microsoft Camera Rear

    Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500

    Intel(R) Control Logic (3 instances)

    Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

    Therefore, since all the above drivers share the same revision number, I checked what I had in Device Manager and soon found out that my Control Logic drivers were a different version (they were from January 2020 while version 30.15063.6.8611 was released on 3/2/18). I tracked down this issue to an Intel update carried out last weekend by a driver management software I have installed on my system. Therefore, that was the root cause of the problem, resulting in an unmatched set of drivers for the cameras.

    Since I did not have a roll back option, I pulled the Control Logic driver version 30.15063.6.8611 separately from the Microsoft Update Catalog and installed it after I uninstalled and deleted the newer one

    After I restarted, I noticed that the problem was still there.

    Now, I knew that way back, camera drivers were classified and installed under the Sound, video and game controllers section of the Device Manager. Therefore, I downloaded a 2016 version (30.10586.2876.999) of the Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 driver from the Microsoft Update Catalogue. I chose a significantly older driver to make sure Windows notices the difference when I needed it. I uninstalled and deleted version 30.15063.6.8611 and replaced it with version 30.15063.2876.999.

    I restarted and obviously the problem was still there since now I willingly had one driver with an unmatching version. So, I went back in Device Manager and let Windows search and update the driver to version 30.15063.6.8611 off the internet. That did the trick!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-28T08:46:44+00:00

    OOOOOH, MY GOODNESS! Thanks to this thread, I have solved the problem and my camera is working once again. Below, I will streamline the process. All of this is important:

    1. Open Driver Booster and take a screenshot. Print out the screenshot, put it on the floor, jump up and down on it, spit on it, walk outside and use it to pick up a freshly laid, steaming lawn sausage off of your grass, light it on fire, flip it off, curse it, and then spend a day recommending to everyone who passes you on the street that they never, ever, ever install or run Driver Booster...ever...not even once, at all, ever, under any circumstances, at all, not even once, no matter what.
    2. Uninstall Driver Booster: after following the complete fix procedure (especially step #1), you don't want Driver Booster mucking things up again.
    3. Open Device Manager by typing into your Windows search bar, "Device Manager," and hitting return.
    4. Scroll down to the "System Devices" folder and find, within it, three instances of "Intel(R) Control Logic." Right-click on each of them and select, "Uninstall Device." The first one will give you a menu with the option to, "Delete the driver software for this device." Make sure to check that box. When you restart and these items are reinstalled, you don't want them using the same old stuff which has been causing you grief.
    5. Reboot your computer. Your cameras will still not work at this point because there is still stuff left to be done...by Windows...not by you...so just keep your underwear on and let the computer restart.
    6. Once the boot up sequence has completed, reboot your computer again. This time, if things go as well for you as they went for me, your camera will work and Windows Hello will sign you in right before your eyes, just as it did before running that...*spit*...Driver Booster software...*spit*.
    7. Now that your camera is working, you can do whatever you want with your underwear. Just...leave me out of it. (Maybe I really ought to reconsider whether or not I should help some of you guys to get your cameras working, now that I'm thinking about it....)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-04-30T22:06:57+00:00

    I had this exact issue, and tried everything suggested in this community including a complete wipe and re-install on my Suface Pro 6.  Days of effort to no avail

    The solution was found in another thread that I've lost, but I did copy the solution.  Can confirm that it worked 100% and all three cameras are now back operational

    I will paste the solution here below.  Sincere apologies I can't recall who the original poster of the solution was:

    The May 2019 update introduced version 30.15063.6.8611 and the update history in the link you pointed out shows that seven drivers are actually involved in the operation of the three cameras, as follows:

    Camera

    Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500

    System devices

    Microsoft Camera Front

    Microsoft IR Camera Front

    Microsoft Camera Rear

    Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500

    Intel(R) Control Logic (3 instances)

    Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller

    Therefore, since all the above drivers share the same revision number, I checked what I had in Device Manager and soon found out that my Control Logic drivers were a different version (they were from January 2020 while version 30.15063.6.8611 was released on 3/2/18). I tracked down this issue to an Intel update carried out last weekend by a driver management software I have installed on my system. Therefore, that was the root cause of the problem, resulting in an unmatched set of drivers for the cameras.

    Since I did not have a roll back option, I pulled the Control Logic driver version 30.15063.6.8611 separately from the Microsoft Update Catalog and installed it after I uninstalled and deleted the newer one

    After I restarted, I noticed that the problem was still there.

    Now, I knew that way back, camera drivers were classified and installed under the Sound, video and game controllers section of the Device Manager. Therefore, I downloaded a 2016 version (30.10586.2876.999) of the Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 driver from the Microsoft Update Catalogue. I chose a significantly older driver to make sure Windows notices the difference when I needed it. I uninstalled and deleted version 30.15063.6.8611 and replaced it with version 30.15063.2876.999.

    I restarted and obviously the problem was still there since now I willingly had one driver with an unmatching version. So, I went back in Device Manager and let Windows search and update the driver to version 30.15063.6.8611 off the internet. That did the trick!

    EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to fix the issue, and my camera is now working properly! Thank you so much S4MST3R and littlemagix. Uninstalling all of the drivers that S4MST3R listed and then simply restarting did actually work. One note I'll add it might help to mark the box to "Delete driver software for this device" or else I believe it'll just pull the same wrong driver as before. 

    As for the root of this issue, I can't speak for anyone else, but my mismatched drivers were caused by a program called Driver Booster. I downloaded it believing it would automatically keep my drivers updated, but it seems to have caused more harm than help. I do not recommend Driver Booster if you actually want your drivers to be working properly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-27T07:39:36+00:00

    By any chance any luck??? i have been stuck on this **** forever,, i have tried everything that people have suggested. installed all the current drivers also.. in the boot screen my camera is "on",,, privacy is "on" uninstalled reinstalled, i even checked to see if there is a hidden "FN plus F(key)" to run on camera maybe that did it. I gotta take my zoom classes online, windows fix this **** you're guys' system is garbage!!. If anything new please let me know KevinWells4.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-01T19:55:24+00:00

    John Neil_J

    Thanks for your reply, I did try most of what you sent already, but repeated it, just to ensure I didn't miss anything. The one that I didn't try, but what I thought most hopeful was 'Uninstalling and reinstalling the Camera app'...that didn't work either :(

    If you (or anyone else) have any other thoughts or suggestions, I am more than willing to give it/them a try!

    I do appreciate your time ~

    Polo...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments