Surface Dock not putting monitor to sleep

Anonymous
2016-05-11T01:50:28+00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have a new Surface Pro 4 with a Microsoft Dock and an Asus 28" Monitor for my GM. The problem I have is that when I shut down the Surface, the Dock seems to continue to provide power to the Monitor and the monitor doesn't go into standby mode. When I unplug the monitor cable from the dock it goes into standby but the moment I plug the cable (Display Port) back in the monitor powers up and says it can't detect the display port.

I have all current Microsoft updates so nothing recent has helped with this. Any thoughts?

Olin

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-03T14:35:48+00:00

Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

Thanks for sharing, this solved my issue as well.  Monitor sleeps like a baby now.

For reference here are the adapter and cable I'm using:

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ3LSIG/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HDMI Cable: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SIJY/ref=oh\_aui\_detailpage\_o00\_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-04T19:56:12+00:00

    Glad to see some of us have this issue solved. Now, if my audio issues over mDP are solved as well... : )

    BTW, one issue with the mDP to HDMI route is that, for 4K monitors with HDMI <2.0, the refresh rate will be limited to 30Hz, which is fine for most movies but could be jerky for daily operations.

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T15:58:12+00:00

    Nope, no f.lux here.  Maybe it's a monitor-specific issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T14:52:38+00:00

    Ok, I am replying to my post about this because I have fixed my issue.

    The way I fixed it was buying an ACTIVE mDP to HDMI adapter (one that supports 4K @ 60Hz) and using that with my monitor.  I have had no luck using the direct mDP to full DP cable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-31T14:40:20+00:00

    Ummm.... It's still working for me.

    The only thing I remember doing, other than installing build 15063, that could potentially affect this issue, was uninstalling f.lux and enabling Night Mode. Do you happen to use f.lux?

    Cheers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments