Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-18T16:41:27+00:00

    Luckily I'm not getting the blue screen, but the camera crashes in the middle of video call on whatsapp desktop or telegram desktop app. After this the camera app also stops working irrespective of front or rear camera, even the face recognition unlock doesn't work. Looks like an issue with the software since restarting the system solves this problem.

    I got Surface 8 Pro assuming it'll be the best to run Windows, like how Pixel is for Android, but highly disappointed.
    Killing the app or using troubleshoot options doesn't help either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T20:00:42+00:00

    Is it possible it is related to the Driver for camera?

    I have issue with Zoom and Netflix with Surface Pro 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T16:27:35+00:00

    I purchased an external camera and haven't had any issues since.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T15:49:51+00:00

    Thank you! I will try this!! Still unbelievable that MicroSoft has not sent out a fix in latest updates to their software!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T13:50:51+00:00

    Hello,

            I also have a Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11, which has been having issues with software crashes when running Zoom (and complete crashes when starting Windows 11).  I just tried disabling hardware acceleration as shown in the attached screenshot, and my meeting of almost an hour with turning on and off the sharing of my own screen was the most stable I can recall having (i.e., I did not have a crash of Zoom).  My system might have been using more CPU and memory, but I can continue to bear the burden if there is long-term stability until Microsoft and Zoom resolve these issues.  Has anyone had long-term success by disabling hardware acceleration in Zoom to prevent crashing? Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments