Surface Pro 8 crashed during MS Teams and Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2022-06-29T19:33:07+00:00

Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-31T20:01:17+00:00

    Purchased new Surface Pro 8 from MS Store this April, exactly two months ago. Very frustrating as virtual meetings were the primary task that I bought this device in the first place. Have updated all drivers, searched online for fixes, and have a support ticket registered this AM. So far, no answers. Am back to using an old Mac Air for the meetings.

    I have had my Surface Pro 8[this is my second Surface Pro] for a while. I found a fix for the problem, or so I thought, but it happened again today with ZOOM. In the middle of the call, my computer started buzzing and went blue. I had to restart. The fix last time related to resetting start up apps. MICROSOFT - you need to fix this now. We all like your computer but we cannot use a computer that fails in a ZOOM or TEAMs call. Make this your priority. It is a known problem you need to fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-30T09:57:27+00:00

    disgraceful that they have not fixed this! Like is said, with my lenovo YOGA i am finding it really good and it's almost the same

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T23:32:55+00:00

    I have the exact same issue as Kate C notes in her message above. Have asked my company's Tech Provider to try and fix and after working on it multiple times across multiple days they recommend I return the Surface for a refund. They also said it is a KNOWN ISSUE that MICROSOFT should send out an update on with a fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T18:19:52+00:00

    My solution!! i took my computer back and bought a Lenovo Yoga (which costs almost the same) using windows 10 and AM NOT UPGRADING to windows 11 until this **** get sorted. The Yoga works great, is detachable (which is why i wanted it) the only issue is that there is no place for the pen and i cannot find any cover for it..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-29T15:05:55+00:00

    Microsoft, issue continues on Google Meet about once a week, can somebody please provide reccs? its impossible to work like this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments