Thank you for the suggestions. Fortunately, everything looks clean but the battery life is still 3-4 hours on battery. Very disappointed with the advertised life on battery and actual. I knew actual would be less but was hoping for 8 and 6 as a min....
Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?
I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.
I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-06-24T10:50:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-24T05:26:55+00:00 Trying running the below power efficiency diagnostic report and see what it tells you.
https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-10/get-power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-for-window-10-pc.html
Also, check for corrupted files by following the below:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Command Prompt, and right-click or press and hold Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the list of results. Select Run as administrator, and then select Yes.
- Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each "/"), and then press Enter. (Note: This step may take a few minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to complete.)
- After you see a message that says "The operation completed successfully," type sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/") and press Enter.
- After you see a message that says, "Verification 100% complete," type exit.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Finally did you instill the Windows 10 May 2020 update? That may be causing problems as well.
Hope the above helps...
-
Anonymous
2020-05-20T19:59:53+00:00 I've tried all the solutions provided here and still nothing worked for me... I'm not sure why Microsoft is ignoring this issue. Not sure if I made a mistake by buying the surface pro 7 i7...
we need a solution
-
Anonymous
2020-05-12T12:47:57+00:00 Companys have different methods for testing battery life and Microsoft's way is the worst, Let me explain:
1)my android phone doesn't count my phone usage while the screen is turned off even if I'm listening to music while my iPhone 7 does.
2)Microsoft runs any video at 50% brightness without any multitasking CPU usage as far as I read.
sadly I think the surface problem comes from the CPU power usage.
-
Anonymous
2020-05-11T17:53:47+00:00 I still can't find the update