Any updates on this Issue? I'm considering returning my Suface Pro 7.
Surface Pro 7 (i7, 16GB, 512GB) - Battery Life?
I picked up a Surface Pro 7 on launch but I'm really struggling with the battery life, with light usage (a few office apps and a few tabs in Edge) I'm struggling to get more than 5 hours, even with Battery Saving mode on, brightness at around 20-25 and nothing running the back ground.
I've updated everything to it latest version, surely I should be seeing better battery life than this?
Surface | Surface Pro | Power and battery
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-01-02T23:46:24+00:00 -
Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator2019-12-04T14:59:33+00:00 >Are there any news on an update or whether it's even possible to fix it?
>
I don't have answers to either question. I'm an unpaid volunteer and a customer
like you.
-
Anonymous
2019-12-04T07:54:12+00:00 Are there any news on an update or whether it's even possible to fix it?
I'm not going to keep my Surface Pro 7 i7 if 4-5 hours of OneNote is all I get. This thing is a failure.
-
Anonymous
2019-11-29T02:00:56+00:00 Hi 哉萌 & Kkabir,
Thanks for your post, if the steps that we provided won't work, please proceed on doing a Reset or a Recovery Image on your Surface Device, perhaps it's a software issue on your Surface devices.
Doing RESET (keep my files) on your device is advisable. Since your concern only shows up during long time usage.
- This option uses the devices Hard Drive Partition to reimage the device.
- This option can delete personal data (the customer can choose Keep my files or Remove everything).
- It will need to reinstall desktop apps.
- It will need to run updates upon completion.
- If there is an issue with the partition, the issue may still occur after the reset.
If doing Reset won't help, you may proceed on doing a Recovery Image.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023512/surface-creating-and-using-a-usb-recovery-drive
Please let us know if that helps.
Regards,
Edd
-
Anonymous
2019-11-24T18:20:12+00:00 Hey,
I just bought the Surface Pro 7 i5 128gb version. This is my first Surface and I absolutely love it. But the problem is, I am also struggling to get more than 5 hours of battery life with just surfing on edge and using Microsoft word mostly. I downloaded the latest firmware and drivers but nothing has changed. I wanted to try the solution you posted but wanted to make sure, does the HD video have to be downloaded on the surface or can I play one from online? If the battery life doesn't improve I will most likely have to return this and go with something that gives me a bit more.