security certificate revoked - outlook.office365.com

John Rovel Kalaw 6 Reputation points
2022-07-27T04:28:49.213+00:00

Hi

The pictures below started popping up on our PCs. and the PC was using not part of any domain. I tried to follow the link below but the IE was inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlookoffice365com-security-certificate-has-been/743bdb2b-06ce-4206-923e-bdb7041528bd

225096-image.png

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
Windows for business | Windows Server | Devices and deployment | Configure application groups

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Aragon, Neil 1 Reputation point
    2022-10-28T13:38:34.167+00:00

    I just want to also chime in that we're getting more calls from our users about this same issue. Outlook clients and iOS Mail users are getting prompted with the security pop-up.
    I've just opened a ticket with Microsoft yesterday about this issue. They've just asked some initial discovery questions and haven't gotten back to me yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Neddy 16 Reputation points
    2022-10-27T18:07:08.72+00:00

    Same thing here. Only about 10 percent of the users are seeing this error. Approx 60 users. This has been going for about 6 months.

    All are AD systems.
    AZURE AD sync is active and syncing properly
    Mix of Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. All users have Office 2019.
    Currently only getting reports from users on Windows 10 but that could be a coincidence.

    Anyone getting this on Windows 11?

    I usually tell the user to reboot and report back if it happens again. I never hear back. It's pretty random. I think it happens if the user has a brief connection issue such as a couple dropped packets. Hoping it's something easy to fix such as upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. Clinton 11 Reputation points
    2022-10-26T23:54:51.68+00:00

    Just ran into this myself. The subject of the certificate isn't the issue, as not only would the error be different, but the outlook.office365.com domain is covered by the SAN (Subject Alternate Name) field.

    The certificate I ran into the issue on has the fingerprint: f7da87b0b58b2a2eec386ec7a60ab14d5a60a499

    I have attached a copy of the certificate 254502-revoked-ms-certcerb64.txt

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  4. edgar 1 Reputation point
    2022-10-26T18:45:56.38+00:00

    Hi @John Rovel Kalaw

    What MS Office desktop app do you use? The below link is for version 2013 and I hope this will help to resolve your issue.

    Topic: Outlook 2013 displays a prompt that lets you connect to an Exchange server if a certificate issue occurs (microsoft.com)

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/outlook-2013-displays-a-prompt-that-lets-you-connect-to-an-exchange-server-if-a-certificate-issue-occurs-14a64c85-b24e-b930-0ff8-ddb55fd4288e

    Thanks,
    Edgar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Richard Tilley 1 Reputation point
    2022-09-26T16:37:59.21+00:00

    Apple Mail app on
    Mac also gets this warning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.