security certificate revoked - outlook.office365.com

John Rovel Kalaw 6 Reputation points
2022-07-27T04:28:49.213+00:00

Hi

The pictures below started popping up on our PCs. and the PC was using not part of any domain. I tried to follow the link below but the IE was inaccessible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/outlookoffice365com-security-certificate-has-been/743bdb2b-06ce-4206-923e-bdb7041528bd

225096-image.png

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
Windows for business | Windows Server | Devices and deployment | Configure application groups

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Daniel Demers 1 Reputation point
    2022-10-31T16:11:52.703+00:00

    I have seen this happen for various customers starting last week.

    I have also had it happen on my IOS phone.

    Odd that MS didnt publish the issue/solution yet. Its obviously fairly wide spread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Chris Robb 21 Reputation points
    2022-10-31T15:07:29.443+00:00

    Following Friday morning we have not had any further occurrences with any of our clients. No issue today either.

    I don't think this can be classified as anything to do with Bitdefender as we dont' use that product anywhere in our own stack but were experiencing the same issue.

    @B_Toronto your support experience sounds exhausting. Hope you brought your patience! So frustrating that you gotten taken down a rabbit hole with MX records etc. This is very clearly a certificate revocation issue related to an MS cert. If there was a name mismatch I could see going down the path of a configuration issue. I really have to wonder if there is a certificate somewhere in the certificate chain of trust that was revoked, even temporarily or that some UTM products didn't like during SSL inspection and flagged as not trusted. I'm not 100% ready to blame MS on this one as I think Digicert, some root certificate, or even UTM products performing SSL inspection could be the cause.

    Glad it isn't an issue today for us, but I don't like unsolved mysteries.

    Chris

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Cameron R 6 Reputation points
    2022-10-28T19:55:05.29+00:00

    I own an IT company and several of my customers are reporting this to me across the board. Some running AD sync and some not. Not all of the mailboxes for each domain experience this, only some. This has been happening since yesterday. There is no way this is related to anything other than a Microsoft issue itself. Does Microsoft reply to this or see this stuff or I wonder how many people have reported this by now.

    Was this answer helpful?


  4. Mike C 1 Reputation point
    2022-10-28T15:56:47.98+00:00

    Same issue for many of our users using Outlook client and iOS so far. It is impacting both intranet and internet remote workers so is not Firewall specific.

    Don't trust Microsoft to get certificates 100% right 100% of the time - by preventing 10% of users from connecting randomly they increase capacity by 10%!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  5. Bryson Nichols 1 Reputation point
    2022-10-28T14:00:07.847+00:00

    We are also getting this alert now with PCs using Outlook Desktop on our local network.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.