Retail Office 2019 License Dissappeared

İsmail Mert Çileci 20 Reputation points
2026-09-28T16:45:14.8333333+00:00

Hello, my Office 2019 license disappeared from my Microsoft account, and I got a warning in Office programs that says my license is nearly at its end. This is impossible because I had an unlimited Office 2019 license. When I checked my license in CMD, I got the following output:

PRODUCT ID: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed] 

SKU ID: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed] 

LICENSE NAME: Office 19, Office19ProPlus2019R_Grace edition

LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 19, RETAIL(Grace) channel

BETA EXPIRATION: 1.01.1601

LICENSE STATUS:  ---OOB_GRACE---

ERROR CODE: 0x4004F00C

ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid grace period.

REMAINING GRACE: 4 days  (7142 minute(s) before expiring)

Last 5 characters of installed product key: [Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed] 

I don't know why that happened, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Tried to uninstall Office completely, and now I can't find a download link for Office 2019 because the Office 2019 download option has been completely removed for me from this webpage: https://account.microsoft.com/services

I've checked all sections of this webpage, but there is no download link for the Office 2019 installer. I can't see my license in Subscriptions or anywhere else. My license seems to have vanished. Because of that, I don't have my license code. But I'm 100% sure it was redeemed to my current email address.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Xavier-D 13,480 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-09-29T02:20:52.83+00:00

Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.  


Hello İsmail Mert Çileci,

I can see that your retail Office 2019 License has disappeared

The licensing output shows that Office is currently running as Office 2019 Retail in the activation grace period, rather than as an activated perpetual installation.

Version KB5002907 seem to cause unexpected results on some devices running Office 2016 or Office 2019. Some installations appeared unlicensed, while in rarer cases Office was removed.

Since Office has already been uninstalled and the product is no longer shown under Services & subscriptions, please do not purchase another license yet.

  1. Check Settings > Windows Update > Update history to see whether KB5002907 or Click-to-Run Update Support appears around the time the problem began.
  2. Sign in to Services & subscriptions with every personal Microsoft account that may have been used when the key was originally redeemed.
  3. If Office 2019 appears, use its installation option to reinstall it, then activate by signing in with that same account.

If the license remains missing and you no longer have the complete product key, contact Microsoft Support and explain that your previously activated retail Office 2019 installation became unlicensed or was removed after the recent update. Here is how you can contact support:

Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.  

  1. Open a website link - Contact - Microsoft Support 
  2. In the box below "We're here to help", type Microsoft 365, click "Get Help", and then click "Contact Support" below. 
  3. In this section, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account. 
  4. Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" under Products & Services, select "Technical Support" as the category, and click to confirm 
  5. You can select " Chat with a support agent in your web browser " to access the chat window. 

Provide Support with the purchase receipt or reseller invoice, the Microsoft account believed to hold the license, and the licensing details already collected. Do not post a complete product key publicly.

I hope you can get the support you need, have a nice day.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.