Verification code NOT being sent to my secondary Email?

Jimiwith2eyes C-S 0 Reputation points
2026-09-26T08:02:18.05+00:00

I need you to send me the code I can't do anything with my account & fear you'll block me without the CODE it's NOT being sent to my Gmail as requested I don't know why? I get emails from Google there Youtube there but NOT for my Outlook of Hotmail which the Gmail is linked? I can't use anther Email because I get the same thing everytime code has been sent to my Gmail!!!! but it's NOT being sent this has ruined a whole Day 8 hours of frustrations I can't find anyway to contact Microsoft NZ the phone number is a recording telling to use a service that doesn't exist???? Please HELP ME I'm old & sick this doing me in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gmail

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Answer accepted by question author
Aaron Mathias 5 Reputation points
2026-09-29T05:46:03.9266667+00:00

Note : I am not a Microsoft employee and the responses are based on experiences and best effort.

You are correct that I am trying to HELP you.

You are correct that you need a CODE (for now). After that, you will be able to provision things with a key. A FIDO2 key (to be precise)

You are not correct about needing a MOBILE DEVICE.

However, I hear you when you say that you give up because there is no point in offering you HELP if you are not going to use it.
As for your banks, etc. I have no idea about that as I don't live in your country, your hemishphere or your part of the world.

I suppose I will offer one last peice of HELP in that you are going to have to figure out a way to use atleast a couple of forms of MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) because otherwise, you will lose access to your Gmail and Youtube as well.
Everything will eventually sit behind MFA. Either that will be verifying the (relatively) new ways via different means, or the old ways of having a lot of paperwork and standing in several queues for several hours across different cities.

Unlike you, I did not wait to get old to give up. I gave up before I reached 20, but things still had to get done and I couldn't go to all the places to get it done, so I gave up on giving up and learned to start doing it all myself. Weirdly enough that ended me in IT which I find I enjoy even though I never wanted to be in IT.

So if you want to recover your Microsoft Account hat you setup 25 years ago, the steps have been mentioned earlier. If you are choosing to let it go, then that is your choice.

I am choosing that this is my last answer to your query.

If this works for you, please Mark is as an Answer/Resolved, so that it can aid others as well

If some part has worked, please add additional notes, so that I(Community) can provide additional support based on additional information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

7 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jimiwith2eyes C-S 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-29T01:38:19.1033333+00:00

    Oh man why is it so complicated? I can't do this without the Gmail code the link takes me back to my Outlook NOT to a place I can add another email address? I need the code to do anything..........................I know I'll loose my Hotmail without this code sooner or later & this Hotmail is the first email I had when I learnt to use a computer around 25 years ago...................I give up now it's just to hard I'm doomed I guess because I can't use a MOBILE DEVISE EVER!!!! The End.My Beachs Papatotara & Te Waiwai Bay withTuatapere top right

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Aaron Mathias 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-28T07:17:40.9066667+00:00

    Note : I am not a Microsoft employee and the responses are based on experiences and best effort.

    The issue here is that MFA is not setup properly.
    As a result, now that a telephone call is no longer an available option, you are unable to use it.
    Microsoft has had a long information campaign over a long period of time, but I would not be shocked if you have never seen it.

    I have only suggested a local IT volunteer as you seemed to be getting agitated and that was getting us nowhere.

    From my understanding, you will need an alternate account to work through this. There are multiple steps, so please read through completely.

    I understand that you may not have access to one, so you will have to create a new one from outlook.com. Please remember to setup MFA options that work and test them adequately before you log off from it.

    Step 1 - Create an alternate account via https://signup.live.com/

    Step 2 - Try to recover your account via https://account.live.com/acsr
    Step 3 - If Step 2 does not work, then https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/accounts-billing/manage/help-with-the-microsoft-account-recovery-form

    If this works for you, please Mark is as an Accepted/Resolved, so that it can aid others as well

    If some part has worked, please add additional notes, so that I(Community) can provide additional support based on additional information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Aaron Mathias 5 Reputation points
    2026-09-26T08:24:02.21+00:00

    Note : I am not a Microsoft employee and the responses are based on experiences and best effort.

    Since you are using Gmail with Tabs view, I'd recommend you use the "All Mail" option to see all mail. You may also want to check your "Spam" Folder.
    If you have successfully setup verification in the past, then you may want to check your Rules in GMail to see if the emails are getting deleted.
    If you are still not receiving the emails, you may need to see if you have to use other Recovery options for your account.

    If this works for you, please Mark is as an Answer/Resolved, so that it can aid others as well

    If some part has worked, please add additional notes, so that I(Community) can provide additional support based on additional information.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.