Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Good day everyone
Following the previous posted
This situation is very interesting and demonstrates that Microsoft is not acting correctly.
I had my lifetime Office 2016, working for 10 years and it never gave me any problems, always on the same machine.
I know is a old laptop working very well and keep doing everything I need
Suddenly, after 10 years, it started having validation problems.
I entered the Product Key - I have the original box and card since it was purchased.
Didn't accept the Product Key and start having issue with Word, Excell and Outlook.
I RECEIVED NO SUPPORT FROM MCROSOFT.
I was only assisted by an AI virtual assistant.
To solve the issue ONLY one solution:
To buy a new product, I ended up buying Office 2024 Home & Business.
I just entered the new Product Key.
By some magic, everything started working beautifully - Word, Excel, Outlook.
No updates were performed.
I simply received an email automatically generated by Microsoft confirming the product.
After all this, in my opinion, it proves that Microsoft does not respect lifetime products.
The same thing will happen to my new Office 2024, which is supposedly a lifetime license according to what is written.
I have to be prepared for the same thing to happen in 5 to 10 years.
Microsoft is NOT interested in selling lifetime products, at least that's what my experience has shown, but rather wants subscriptions to keep users completely dependent and with few options.
I think this situation is unfair.
For this reason, more and more users are switching to Apple.
After this, I'm seriously thinking about doing the same.
Send feedback