Microsoft 365 Personal product key error TokenNotFound – need activation support

Carla Assunção 0 Reputation points
2026-09-21T00:23:09.2033333+00:00

I have a Microsoft 365 Personal subscription that expired on 1 September 2026. My Microsoft account is registered in the United Kingdom. I purchased a new Microsoft 365 Personal one-year product key from Amazon Brazil. When I try to redeem the key at microsoft365.com/setup, I receive the error “TokenNotFound”. I have already tried two different product keys purchased from Amazon Brazil and both produce the same error. Could you please check whether the product key is valid and whether there is a country or region restriction preventing activation?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 269.8K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-21T00:58:34.59+00:00

    Hello.

    Microsoft 365 product is indeed country restricted. Have you moved to Brazil since?

    Is your account’s profile showing the UK as the country? If so you need to update it to Brazil. Then try to redeem again.

    Also you need to make sure the retailer activated the codes upon purchase. Otherwise the codes are not redeemable. Just like any gift cards, codes are activated by retailer upon check out so they can become redeemable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.