Installed 365 office not working right after uninstalling 2019 totally

Dee R 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T19:24:19.7266667+00:00

I have a shared family version of Office 365. A family member who excels in IT has uninstalled the 2019 Professional Plus version multiple times even using Claude as a guide. I have the upgraded space in Once Drive but everytime he removed all pieces of 2019 and then reran the Office 365, it still shows 2019 version on my machine. We cannot get rid of it. When he even went to do a login with 365 it still kept installing the 2019 version. Everytime I bring up excel and click on account it shows the 2019 version on top and then if I click on licensing options it will bring up 365 but the help on it and word but say my version isn't supported anymore.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T19:59:54.2666667+00:00

    Please type regedit in the search on the taskbar and press enter to launch Registry Editor, then go to this path, and share a screenshot.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\OfficeUpdate
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.