Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Hi TI,
In this situation, the domain cannot be released until ownership has been successfully verified. The best course of action is to work directly with the Microsoft Data Protection Team, who are responsible for handling tenant recovery and ownership validation requests. Once they have reviewed your case and confirmed your ownership of the domain, they can facilitate the release of the domain from the old tenant, allowing it to be added to your new Microsoft 365 tenant.
To move toward a resolution, please open a support request from your new Microsoft 365 Business tenant:
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center using your admin account
- Select Help & Support (bottom-right corner)
- Enter a request such as “ I own and control the DNS for my domain, but it is currently attached to an old Microsoft 365 tenant that I can no longer access. I need assistance from the Microsoft Data Protection Team to verify ownership and release the domain so it can be added to my new Microsoft 365 Business tenant. The verification code is not being delivered to my business email or alternate email.”
- Choose Contact support and select your preferred contact method (chat or phone).
If you're unable to access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center, I recommend contacting Microsoft Support directly. You can reach them by phone using the contact numbers listed here: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support and choose Work account.
I hope this provides enough clarity and helps you stay inform with your current situation.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.
If the answer is helpful, please click 'Yes' and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.