Duplicate Microsoft 365 Family charge — need refund for accidental second subscription

Larry Barnard 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T17:52:39.3866667+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I am requesting assistance with a duplicate charge for Microsoft 365 Family.

On September 9, 2026, I was billed $69.53 for my existing Microsoft 365 Family subscription. This is my normal annual renewal.

However, on the same date, I was also charged $129.99 for another Microsoft 365 Family subscription. I did not intend to purchase a second subscription, and I already had an active plan at the time.

Please cancel the $129.99 subscription and issue a refund for that charge. I only need my original Microsoft 365 Family plan.

If you need any additional information, I will be happy to provide it.

Thank you, Larry

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. paulr0511 48,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T18:27:47.31+00:00

    Hello, good day and thanks for your question. Sorry to know about this and I understand that you were charged twice for Microsoft 365 subscription.

    As you have an existing subscription, you will to double check it first via account.microsoft.com/services and check it from there before you cancel anything and then you can go to https://account.microsoft.com/services/microsoft365/billing and try it from there or try to turn off the recurring billing at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2277073 and you can also follow the guided steps indicated from the link below which also includes refund eligibility check.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/turn-recurring-billing-on-or-off-for-a-microsoft-subscription-66f40aee-2317-f74b-40f9-2be7e92f0167

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cancel-a-microsoft-365-subscription-46e2634c-c64b-4c65-94b9-2cc9c960e91b

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-get-a-refund-on-a-microsoft-subscription-67dca30b-b323-44d5-acc2-e02f9902c472

    If you will encounter an issue, you can reach out to the support team at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ and then click on Microsoft 365 and then click Get Home Support and then type in Billing question and click the blue button that says Sign in to contact Support and login and proceed from there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.