Hacked account with no residual account info

Ty Tyler 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T15:15:46.4566667+00:00

Hello,

My Microsoft account has been hacked, and I no longer have access to any of the recovery information on file. When I attempt the self-service recovery options, the system tells me the phone number or email associated with the account doesn't exist, so the attacker likely removed or changed them.

I am the rightful owner of this account. I've already tried the self-service recovery form, but it isn't accepting my information because the security info has been changed by whoever hacked it. I'd like help escalating this to a real support agent who can review my case manually.

I'm happy to provide any additional proof of ownership, old passwords I remember, other emails or phone numbers ever linked to the account, dates of account creation, purchase history, product keys, or subject lines of past emails through a secure channel.

Thank you for your help.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-21T02:52:51.8866667+00:00

    Hi @Ty Tyler

    I’m truly sorry that you’re going through this. I understand how upsetting it is to lose access to your account after the recovery information has been changed, especially when the self-service recovery options are no longer working.

    Please contact Microsoft Support for further guidance:

    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Choose Outlook > Get Home support.
    • Search for Account Recovery, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • Sign in with another Microsoft account if you cannot access the affected account.
    • Under Ask our Support Assistant, type Talk to live chat agent, then select Contact Support.
    • Select Other Products > Manage Account Security > Chat with a support agent via web browser.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Thank you for your understanding. 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.