I am having issues with the authenticator app

Alexovič Erik 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T13:56:24.1+00:00

Hello

I have an email issued by my university and when I try to sign-in to Outlook on my phone, it asks me to use the authenticator app which itself then asks me to use the authenticator app. From the different forum questions I managed to find, it seems that the only solution is to contact an admin.
So please, if an admin sees this, I need help.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Rob Koch 26,175 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-20T18:16:42.4766667+00:00

    That comment about an admin means the university admin, typically either a Help Desk or possibly an individual within your school's IT Support operation, since only those working for the university itself can make changes to an education account.

    In most cases, you'd look on the university's website for the IT department or related computing group, then find the portion of their pages relating to your Microsoft account and how to request that your 2FA access via the authenticator app be reset so you can set it up again.

    Since this support varies for different schools, there's no way for us to provide more specific aid here, since no one outside the school itself has this type of information or access except by reading their online support website, which you can do yourself.

    Rob

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.