Dual Accounts Profiles

Jason 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T12:57:50.9433333+00:00

I was trying to sign into my Microsoft account with Firefox as my main browsing then I switch my main browsing to Microsoft edge, but I think it made a new account using the same email now I can't sign in into my old account its not in my alias and also microsoft cant send me codes anymore for some reason to my email

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Hornblower409 15,950 Reputation points
    2026-09-21T02:09:58.6166667+00:00

    @Jason said

    Firefox as my main browsing then I switch my main browsing to Microsoft edge, but I think it made a new account

    Changing browsers will not create a new Microsoft Account alias.

    now I can't sign in into my old account its not in my alias and also microsoft cant send me codes anymore

    Your account might have been hacked. (The browser switch was just something that happened at the same time).

    Start with the Account Sign-In Helper and follow any suggestions it offers.

    • In a Private/Incognito browser session, open: https://aka.ms/sign-in-helper
    • Scroll down to "Choose how you normally sign in, then enter your details"
    • Click "With an email address"
    • Enter your email address and click [OK]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.