AADSTS5000228 – Sole Global Administrator locked out of newly created Microsoft 365 tenant

Moshe Larosh 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T09:42:09.79+00:00

Hello, I am the sole Global Administrator of a newly created Microsoft 365 tenant.

Tenant domain: Tenant domain: available privatelyEvery sign-in

attempt fails with: AADSTS5000228: Access to tenant is denied. I cannot access Microsoft Entra, Microsoft 365 Admin Center, Microsoft 365, or Power BI. I have no other Global Administrator in the tenant, so I cannot open a support ticket from the Admin Center. I would like to restore access to this tenant, not delete it. Please help escalate this case to the appropriate Microsoft Data Protection / Tenant Recovery team. I can provide the Tenant ID, Request ID, Correlation ID, Timestamp, billing information, and proof of ownership privately. Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Roebe Ta 1,375 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T09:48:33.0033333+00:00

    Hello @Moshe Larosh,

    I'm sorry to hear that your only Global Administrator account is locked out.

    I’d like to clarify that I don't represent Microsoft, I do not have access to user sign-in logs, cannot reset MFA, revoke access, or contact Microsoft Support/Data Protection Team on your behalf. Please consider me an end user as well, providing guidance based on experience and documented processes.  

    To help, I'd like to share the prompt that has successfully helped many other users reach the Data Protection Team and create a support request:

    1. Find the related hotline number for your country to call the frontline and let them raise a ticket for you (please select the Work account tab):  Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

    2. Depending on your country or region:

    For some countries, when calling the support number, although there are about 30 seconds opening as something "you can visit the link...." But you can ignore this opening and wait until the option, then "1" as a business email user, "1" again for technical help.   

    For some countries, it will be an automated conversation like:    

    • First, when you call the hotline, it asks what kind of problem you are worried about.   
    • Answered: authenticator.   
    • A: What kind of product are you using?   
    • B: Microsoft 365 for business.   
    • A confirmation: education or company account?   
    • B: For companies   
    • A: Are you an administrator?   
    • B: Yes.   
    • A: Do you have the other admin in your organization?   
    • B: No.   
    • A: You need one.... Service request?   
    • B: Yes   

    Important note:

    • You may need to call multiple times before you are connected to a live support representative and can successfully create a support request with a ticket number for tracking. 
    • If calling the support line in your region is difficult, you may try another regional support number that offers service in your language, or contact the English support line if you’re comfortable speaking English. 
    • If your subscription is from a partner or reseller, contact the reseller's support provider to help open a service request on behalf of you instead.   

    If you encounter any difficulties in contacting the frontline support, please feel free to let me know. Thank you and I wish you a great day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.