How do I fix Error 0x80048820?

Eduardo del pozo 0 Reputation points
2026-09-20T04:55:40.43+00:00

I tried to login my account but it tells me this error, also that gives option to send a code to an email address I dont have. I probably got hacked but I change my passwords and my main email is still linked to that mail adress.08

Windows for home | Other | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. GsN5034 - IA 77,555 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-20T05:49:55.5333333+00:00

    Hello,

    May I please know if you can sign in with your Microsoft account on the Security Settings Page here?

    Open an incognito tab in any web browser and sign in:

    https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage


    If you're unable to sign in and the recovery email address shown on the Verify Your Identity screen is one you no longer have access to, you will have to replace the Security information.

    That is, on the Verify Your Identity screen, select "I don't have any of these" and follow the prompts to replace the Security information.

    verify  (1)

    Note -

    If you remove all of your previous security information and replace it with something new, your account will be put into a restricted state for 30 days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.