i AM A LONG TIME SUBSCRIBER. MY LONG TIME EMPLOYER RESTRUCTURED & CHANGED NAMES. i WANT TO PAY ON INVOICE BUT CANNOT SIGN INTO THAT ACCT

HEATHER J LAKE 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T16:19:10.9666667+00:00

I have the invoice number. My cc sent a new card/ new expiry so invoice was not paid. I recieved many emails demanding payment bit with no access to my acct I cannot add cc

Why isnt there a link so I can pay on one of the many emails demanding payment.

I have wasted hours on help paged and bots! No way to access a person!! Really when I want to pay why is it an uphill battle? Please contact me with directions to pay my invoice. Canada

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ryan-N 16,085 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-19T21:25:54.0133333+00:00

    Hi HEATHER,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, you have switched to a new credit card and are currently unable to make a payment for your subscription because you cannot access your account.

    For business subscriptions, changes to the payment method and invoice payments need to be handled by a tenant administrator through the Microsoft 365 admin center.

    Since you are currently unable to access your administrator account, there are two possible scenarios:

    1. If there is another administrator in your tenant

    You can contact the other administrator and ask them to change the payment method on your behalf.

    You can refer to the following documentation for instructions on how to change the payment method:

    Manage payment methods for Microsoft business accounts | Microsoft Learn

    1. If you are the only administrator in your tenant

    In this case, you will need to contact the Microsoft Data Protection Team for assistance in regaining access to your administrator account.

    Please look up the appropriate support phone number for your region and contact Microsoft frontline support. Then, ask them to create a support ticket for you through the following page:

    Customer service phone numbers – Microsoft Support

    Tips for navigating the IVR system (automated phone support)

    To help you navigate the IVR system more effectively, please refer to the guidance below:

    1. When calling the support number, you may hear an introduction for about 30 seconds, for example, “You can visit the link…”. You can skip this and wait until the system presents the available options.
    2. Then:
      • Press 1 to select the option for business email users.
        • Press 1 again to select technical support.

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be fully automated. Below is a sample dialogue that you can prepare in advance:

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?

    Answer: Authenticator

    • What products do you use?

    Answer: Office 365 for business

    • Is this for an education or company account?

    Answer: For companies

    • Are you an administrator?

    Answer: Yes

    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?

    Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant.

    • Do you need a service request?

    Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team.

    During the call, you may be asked to provide some subscription-related information, such as:

    • Company name
    • Billing information
    • Phone number
    • Alternate email address

    This information can help the Data Protection Team verify your identity and securely assist you with regaining access to your account.

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.