Microsoft Outlook Group Spam

Motsoaledi Neo Tshoana 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T05:37:35.5466667+00:00

I have a personal Outlook.com account. I did not consent to being added to this group. I left the group, but the group has added my account back. Probably over 20 groups that return after i exit them. I do not want to receive mail from this group and I do not want group owners or members to be able to repeatedly re-add my address after I have left. I need an account-level way to prevent this, or for Microsoft to stop this group from adding my account. Please escalate this if there is no user-accessible setting.
User's image

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hornblower409 15,920 Reputation points
    2026-09-20T22:58:39.93+00:00

    @Motsoaledi Neo Tshoana said

    I did not consent to being added to this group. I left the group, but the group has added my account back. Probably over 20 groups that return after i exit them

    This is a know issue. Microsoft is aware of the problem but there is currently no fix.

    For suggestions on how to Leave a Group. See:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5915544/no-option-to-delete-calendar-group-in-outlook

    At the moment, all you can do is Vote for and Comment on this Feature Request:

    Add an option to block being added to Outlook Groups without consent
    https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/a17de24f-8ce6-f011-92b9-7c1e5244b89c
    (You must open the Feedback Portal link and "Sign In" at the top right of the Feedback page before you can vote).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-20T02:50:59.3633333+00:00

    Hi @Motsoaledi Neo Tshoana

    I’m sorry you’re experiencing this issue. I understand that you have already left the unwanted Outlook.com groups, but they continue to reappear and add your account back without your consent.

    Outlook.com allows users to leave a group or stop following group messages. However, I could not find a user-accessible account-level setting that prevents group owners or members from adding the address again. Since this affects more than 20 groups and continues after you leave them, the account will need to be investigated by Microsoft Support.

    • Go to Contact Microsoft Support.
    • Select Show expanded list of products.
    • Select Outlook > Get Home support.
    • Enter Outlook live chat, then select Get Help > Contact Support.
    • Sign in with the affected account. If that is not possible, use another Microsoft account to view the available support options.
    • Ask our Support Assistant > Type "Talk to live chat agent" > Contact Support
    • Under Products & Services, select Other Products > Outlook, then choose Chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    Please contact Microsoft Support and provide the screenshot, affected group names, and any welcome emails showing who added your account.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    Thank you for your understanding.


    Since this is a public forum, we will hide your personal identifiable information, and I have sent that image of yours containing your personal identifiable information in a private message so we can work together to resolve the issue. Also, please check your private message in case you want to share another screenshot to avoid leaking your PII by click on the Private Message button as show below

    User's image

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.