Repairing Office Asks for New Product Key

Matthew Kozubov 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T02:33:46.8366667+00:00

I'm running windows 11 on my Vivobook ASUSLaptop. My Excel was acting weird so I saw I should try to repair it. I quick repaired it, but that didn't work, so I did the online repair. Now I open excel and it says this service is running an unactivated Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2024 and I need to change product key.

I don't want to change the product key. Contacting any form of support is circular. How can I fix this? Any suggestions?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-19T03:10:01.33+00:00

    Hello

    This type of license is a volume license, not meant for home users, and home users actually don't receive support for this, because Microsoft doesn't sell this type of license anywhere to its retail consumers. It is meant to be distributed via organizational accounts via contracts to their own internal users. If anyone resells those, it is considered a violation of licensing terms.

    Did you buy it from a third-party seller? Or did you get the license from your employer/school? Or did you buy this from some discount program via work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.