I’m locked out of my computer, why do I have to wait 30 days? I need it for school!

C W 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T02:20:46.93+00:00

Microsoft is bad

30 days is too long when I still have my original device

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Bulldog 4,730 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T02:31:32.71+00:00

    The required 30-day delay is to discourage thieves from stealing accounts.

    In future, you have many ways to avoid the same fate:

    Use a passkey.

    Maintain alternative forms of authentication - PIN, password, biometric.

    Backup your MFA so you can restore it on a new device.

    Backup your account recovery code.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. EmilyS726 269.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-19T02:53:14.4633333+00:00

    This 30-day delay is intentional. It’s a security safeguard designed to protect users in case someone else tries to hijack their account by changing recovery info. The wait gives the rightful owner time to notice and stop unauthorized changes.

    Unfortunately, this policy cannot be bypassed. Microsoft explains it further here.

    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/-your-security-info-change-is-still-pending-or-you-can-t-access-this-site-right-now-microsoft-account-message-cbd0f64f-02d9-45d2-90c3-2375e5a72e52#:~:text=While%20we%20understand%20this%2030,phone%20number%20or%20email%20address.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. C W 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T02:54:08.6633333+00:00

    . .

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.