Hii,
Sorry, it's a bit confusing—I just want to make sure I understand: you created a user to access the shared folder, but when you try to access it from the PC using that user, no folder appears. Is that correct?
Thanks.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have just set up my new widows 11 home pc. I set it up in my local area network and it is visible on both the old and new pc under network.
when I open up the new computer from the old pc it only display the user named default and not the new user I set up.
when I open up the network link from my new PC it says nothing is in there, so I assume it is also opening up default user?
All the documents etc are all in the user name I setup and there is no default user??
where to from here?
Hii,
Sorry, it's a bit confusing—I just want to make sure I understand: you created a user to access the shared folder, but when you try to access it from the PC using that user, no folder appears. Is that correct?
Thanks.
AI answer
What is showing under Network is not the list of user profiles on the PC. It is the network view of that computer, and access depends on what is actually shared and which credentials are accepted.
For a new Windows 11 PC on a home network, the supported checks are:
\\NewComputerName in the address bar.C:\Users\<new user name>.This usually resolves the situation where the PC is visible on the network but the expected user files are not accessible.