Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Both Save and Save as are grayed out. How do I fix the reduced functionality issue? And why would that be enabled?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a MacBook M1. I've made sure that the apps have access to all folders. I've re-installed twice. I have plenty of storage [Apple's equivalents to the MS apps all work fine]. I'm running Tahoe as no other upgrade options are listed. VERY Frustrated. VERY.
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Both Save and Save as are grayed out. How do I fix the reduced functionality issue? And why would that be enabled?
MS Auto Update is not even listed under apps.
AI answer
On macOS, this usually points to Office running in reduced functionality mode or a license/update issue rather than disk space, especially since reinstalling and folder access checks were already done.
Try this in order:
A useful distinction:
References: