Account Hacked/Deleted "Try entering your Microsoft account again. We don't recognize this one"

Rae W 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T20:09:03.9933333+00:00

My outlook account: ******@outlook.com is no longer responding to logins. Try entering my email/pass and I get greeted with this......

2026-09-20_060036

I have had this account for YEARS, and suddenly, I can't log into to it. Microsoft says it's not a account they have. My password doesn't work. It's the same account I'm logged into for my computer

2026-09-20_060112

I don't know who that is, that's not me. That's not my name or email, and it's not what I entered in either.

But now I can't login, I can't use my phone link, I don't want to deal with this, and it's insane that the only way to report your account being hacked is by logging into a microsoft account to report that you can't login to your account... I'm on my wifes now, which is somehow linked to my pin login... and that's a whole other thing to be concerned about.....

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 88,635 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T20:44:10.54+00:00

    Hi, @Rae W

    I understand how important your account is to you, so I’m going to be honest. If the email address has been changed and two-factor authentication has been enabled by the hacker, unfortunately, the account may no longer be recoverable.

    Just to confirm:

    If you receive any error messages, such as “account doesn’t exist” or anything else, please let me know.


    Click "Add comment" to let me know.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. AI answer

    2026-09-18T20:09:23.76+00:00

    The behavior shown matches a compromised Microsoft account scenario where the sign-in alias may have been changed. The supported recovery path is:

    1. Start with the Microsoft hacked-account recovery flow and use the Sign-in Helper.
      • If the sign-in page says the account is not recognized or does not exist, use the Sign-in Helper tool.
      • The tool can guide through self-help steps and, in some cases, offer the chance to talk to an agent.
    2. If the account was hacked, secure the PC before changing any passwords.
      • Open Windows Security.
      • Go to Virus and threat protection.
      • Select Scan options > Full scan > Scan now.
      • Run the full scan before changing passwords.
    3. If access is regained, immediately change or reset the password.
      • If sign-in works, use Change password.
      • If sign-in does not work, use Reset your password.
    4. Review account security activity if access is restored.
      • Go to Security basics.
      • Select Review activity.
      • For activity that was not recognized, select This wasn't me or Secure your account.
    5. If two-step verification was turned on and none of the alternate verification methods are accessible, there is no supported recovery path through support agents.
      • Support agents are not allowed to send password reset links or change account details.
    6. If the original username now returns “account does not exist,” check the exact spelling and then use the Sign-in Helper.
      • If the account has not been signed in to for more than two years, it may have been deleted and cannot be reopened.
    7. If more help is needed, use Contact Microsoft Support through the public support flow.
      • Support can route to the best support option, but cannot directly reset the password or change account details.

    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.